The UN Secretary-General will convene the first-ever global humanitarian summit of this scale in Istanbul in 2016. The goal of this summit is to find new ways to tackle humanitarian needs in our fast-changing world. This three-year initiative is being managed by the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
The summit will set a new agenda for global humanitarian action. It will focus on humanitarian effectiveness, reducing vulnerability and managing risk, transformation through innovation, and serving the needs of people in conflict.
We need your input to identify and share solutions to our most pressing humanitarian challenges
In the lead up to the summit, a series of Regional Consultations will bring together individuals and groups, giving them a chance to identify humanitarian challenges and promote solutions.
In each region, individuals and organizations will have the chance to contribute their ideas in the discussion forums on this website, and in numerous events in each region.
- 1. West and Central Africa Enter consultation
- 2. North and South-East Asia Enter consultation
- 3. Eastern and Southern Africa Enter consultation
- 4. Eastern Europe, Western Europe and Others
- 5. Latin America and the Caribbean
- 6. Middle East and North Africa
- 7. Pacific Islands
- 8. South and Central Asia
- 9. Global Consultation Enter consultation